- Behavior that exposes a partner or family member to the threat or use of physical force.
- Abuse can also be emotional, financial, sexual or psychological. These other forms of abuse can be just as painful
- The purpose is to make the abuser feel powerful, and the victim feel controlled.
- Domestic violence can happen anywhere to anyone, regardless of gender, race, age, or income.
- Any sexual act that betrays a person’s trust or makes them feel unsafe.
- When sex is used as a weapon.
- Rooted in anger or the need to feel powerful by controlling another person.
- Sexual assault includes:
- Rape or rape of a partner
- Uninvited, unwelcome touching
- Sexual harassment
- Exposing genitals